Away At Camp

Wednesday, June 5



For the next four days, I'll be on the go once again. Thursday through Friday is my church's children's camp. And I am going to be a camp counselor! Yay! I've always loved the thought of being a camp counselor, and I'm finally blessed with such a wonderful opportunity to do so. I am currently pretty involved with our kiddos at ProjectKids, and I am so excited to be able to experience something so awesome with these little guys. The camp is 2nd-6th grade, and we're going to be spending the next couple of days swimming, canoeing, dancing, playing games, and so much more.

A couple of people have asked me why I want to be a camp counselor, and it was a no-brainer. I love children. The Lord has definitely given me a passion for teaching, loving, and just making youngsters happy. I desire to teach them about their God, and just show them how beautiful a life is with Jesus. My heart is beyond joyful when I see such young kids talking about God, praying for each other, and worshiping. It gives me goose-bumps and makes me a little teary-eyed. I believe children are such special things. As young adults, parents, siblings, aunts, uncles, friends, or whatever we may be, it is so important that we leave a legacy behind for young children. It's important that we live a life worthy to Jesus, in order for them have examples and role models. As a child, I didn't have that and it is one of the most honorable things for me to do. Not only does my spirit rejoice in showing these children Jesus, but I think it makes me as silly as they are.

I haven't asked this on here before, but for those of you believers who read my blog please be praying for this weekend. Pray for these children's hearts to be radically changed by Jesus' love. Pray for them to experience His presence and for them to truly understand what Jesus did for them. Also pray that the Lord will use me and all the other counselors to do His work. Ask that He allows us to intercede into their lives and truly speak His words into their hearts. And please pray for safety and simple fun. With all the crazy, fun activities we're doing, it would be terrible if someone was to get hurt.

You guys are awesome, and my blog may be a little empty for four days but my heart will be very full!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

SIMPLE GROUNDS All rights reserved © Blog Milk - Powered by Blogger