New Job + Prayers

Monday, July 8

I have a new job!


I am BEYOND excited to finally have an opportunity to use my passions and my gifts in a field that is relevant to me and the path God has chosen for me. For any of you who don't know, I've been a barista at Starbucks for a little over a year now. It has been an awesome experience for me, but I know God was giving me glimpses of something else in store involving my passions. I've had my house church praying for me for probably the past three months! I've been patiently waiting to see where God wanted me, whether it be at Starbucks or the countless number of places I applied to. Only finding out that I never got a new job and the Lord had to really teach me patience at my job. I had to rely on Him to give me a positive attitude, energy, and a servant's heart. (coffee only goes so far) 

As of about two weeks ago, an amazing opportunity came out of nowhere. A teacher position at a bible school in a church about seven minutes from my house! I took the interview and got the job on the spot. I was so filled with joy and so much happiness. Not just about getting a job, but about the Lord hearing my prayers and the prayers of my church family. We don't just pray to a god who doesn't listen. No. The Lord is all knowing. He sees, hears, listens, and He will give you what your heart desires, if your desires match up with His will. Looking back, I can see what He needed to teach me in order to finally get this amazing job. How good is our King? He desires us to be joyful, even in our job! We should be servants, whether you do ministry full time or just work at a retail store in the mall. We are servants. 

Tomorrow I start my new job teaching little kiddos about Jesus. How good it will be to see little ones praising Him and worshiping Him and creating for Him! Do not be timid in your prayers to the Lord. He already knows what's on your heart, so you might as well lift them up to Him!

1 comments:

  1. Congratulations! I am so happy for you.
    We should really use our talents and gifts to do the Lord's work and glorify Him.

    ReplyDelete

SIMPLE GROUNDS All rights reserved © Blog Milk - Powered by Blogger